lunes, 14 de mayo de 2012

Drive


So this movie is kinda old (2011), but just a few months ago I realised of its existence. As I watched the trailer, my expectations were really high for violence and cool car tricks +Ryan Gosling.
Baby
After downloading it (don't question my methods), I, all excited, started watching it. The beginning was as deceiving as the trailer, with a cool, but not Fast and Furious kind, persecution. Then, Ryan Gosling drives through L.A. with a kick-ass song and I was pissing myself by this time. Then, the movie actually starts. It's slow and quiet. This is when you realise Ryan must have a speaking problem, as he barely speaks (The Notebook anyone?). Ryan's character, who has no name, is in love with Carey Mulligan's...? It's hard to tell as they say NOTHING. Well, he must be in love 'cause the whole plot is centered around "Driver" trying to Help Irene's (Carey) fresh-outta-jail husband get rid to some guys he owes to. They rob a pawn shop but shit goes wrong thanks to bitchy Christina Hendrick's character.
Those jugs tho
Bitch gets Irene's husband and herself killed and Ryan is so awesome he kills the killers. In this scenes you 1) realise it's supposed to be painfully slow then awesomely fast  and 2) it's kind of a gory film.
Can't be the only one who sees the sex in this
It then becomes from a Fast And Furious fail to indie awesomeness. Driver and Irene all but kiss once but he's nuts about her and gets into all this shit for her. Even after the husband's well and gone, Driver hunts down everyone involved and THEY ALL DIE. That's how cool he is. Still, he is unable to stay with Irene 'cause he's now a mob target and wouldn't put her in danger. He drives away to a cool soundtrack once again.

My opinion: Damn, it's good. I think that, although I criticized at first, Ryan's and Carey's silence is what makes the characters both so good. They never say "I love you" or even an "I like you" you just can tell. That's how good their acting is. The slowness is required for the fast scenes to impact you appropriately, and the blood is the cherry on top of a perfect movie, just the right amount of it, at the right time. What can I say about the soundtrack? Not just appropriate, but the best that movie could've had. Congrats to everyone involved in it. *Applause*

Rating: 5/5 All deserved
Watch again? Fuck the fuck yes. Just beautiful.
And they didn't get an Oscar? Really? Were judges all straight men then?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario