viernes, 9 de diciembre de 2011

To correct/complement last article.

Yes, a lot of time has passed. Yeah, I kinda abandoned this blog. But that doesn't mean I can't retake it.
 To retake, I'm going to talk first about Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. I made a tiny mistake about the director. I said he was the same man who drew the comic books (Scott Pilgrim), which he is not. The writer of the series is Brian Lee O'Malley while the director of the movie is Edgar Wright.
Also, as I promised, I read the comic books. There's six of them and they're called (they all start with Scott Pilgrim):
  • Precious Little Life
  • vs. The World
  • & The Infinite Sadness
  • Gets It Together
  • vs. The Universe
  • Finest Hour
And so my opinion of the movie changed. It happens, more often than not, that a book or series is turned into a movie and it doesn't manage to portray successfully the essence of the book. On the movie, the characters do have a sarcastic and ironic way to be, but on the comic books it's excessive. Sometimes, I had a hard time understanding what characters meant or felt. But that made the story what it is and the movie doesn't give that atmosphere of, for lack of a better term, hipsterness. I now can't watch the movie without thinking of improvements that could be made to make it more congruent with the comic books.

Still, not to disappoint it's a good movie, with nice imagination, good casting and excellent effects. But if I had to choose between the comic books and the movie, I would choose the comic books, as the story is better told and I have to say it. Scott Pilgrim isn't as awkward as Michael Cera. I love Michael Cera, he's cute and all, but he wasn't able to characterize Pilgrim like he should've.
A little tear running down my cheek I take one point off this movie because of reasons stated above.
4/5
Watch again? Certainly.
Recommended? When looking for a hipster movie when you already saw Juno.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario