martes, 21 de junio de 2011

So yesterday I watched Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World

Wow. So let's start. I think this one is going to my favorites list. It was awesome!

Starting with the story. It was a film based on the graphic novel series "Scott Pilgrim".
I didn't know of the existence of this comics 'til I saw this movie. The story is original, and unusual. I don't think any director would've been able to pull this one out. Glad it was the same guy who wrote the comics. Of course, what would've been of the movie without special effects? They were amazing. I wouldn't classify them as 'comic book' style, but more of a video game style. They were epicly epic.

Now, the actors. Oh god, who else could portray Scott as well as Michael Cera?
And Mary Elizabeth Winstead does it good as well.
My congratulations though, (and maybe this one should go to Bryan Lee O'Malley, writer of the series), for the Wallace character.
To really give a full review I would have to read the comics (which I plan to do shortly), but I can say I absolutely adored Wallace and applaud Kieran Culkin, because I think he was the best of all (after Michael and Mary Elizabeth, of course).

The music. I should say that  maybe any other director would have considered a normal soundtrack for the movie. Bryan, however, knows there is no Scott Pilgrim without good music. 'Cause, actually, this is what all this is about. The Sex Bob-Ombs have really cool music, while The Clash at Demonhead are amazing too. So recommend getting the soundtrack, here are some links:

On iTunes
On Amazon (an LOL on this one, folks)
I'd rather have it free, thanks.

So.... Recommend? YES. See it again? LOTS OF TIMES.

Rating 5/5
Tags: videogame, epic, music, indie
Watch again?  Totally. Lots of times, worth my time.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario